Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas

In true Becky Smith style, my mom left all the Christmas shopping and wrapping to the very last minute. Me and my sisters decided that my mom hasn't wrapped a present since Jenny was old enough to wrap, so about 18 years.

She also decided to buy a completely ridiculous number of presents for my nieces, so one night we spent hours wrapping 39 presents! The wrapping was UGLY, no bows, no gift tags, no ribbons. We just wanted it done!








We spent Christmas eve at Gram's house and ate some really good potato cheese soup, just like at the cabin! After dinner we had our annual girl cousin secret bathroom gift exchange! There were 11 of us in there this year, we were packed in like sardines! We had a great night at Gram's house like always!



After Gram's house we come back home and got ready for bed. Except I couldn't sleep! I had a sore throat for about a week before that, but it really only hurt at night. But Christmas eve night my ear decided to start hurting too....wonderful! I sat up all night holding my ears and waiting for my mom to wake up and keep me company, luckily she is an early riser! After a sleepless night I woke up the rest of my family and opened presents! We all got lots of fun presents!

My ears just weren't getting better so I went to John Muir Urgent Care. The doctor looked at my ears and throat but said there was nothing he could do because of all the medications I already take, I guess you can't take 2 different antibiotics at the same time! Frustrated, I just went home, took some pain killers, and slept for the rest of Christmas day! I always complain that there is nothing to do on Christmas afternoon and night, well this year I didn't have to worry about that since I slept through it all!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is a lot of presents to wrap! You're mom is so funny. How awful that you were sick on all day on Christmas, poor Jessie.