Sunday, June 28, 2009

Louisiana

I went to visit my sister, Sarah in Lafayette, Louisiana from May 26 - June 12.
I flew into Lafayette during a lighting storm which caused the power to go out at the airport and that's when I began to realize Louisiana is very different from home.


Humidity: It was super hot during the day there so we spent most of the day inside. But the humidity at night made for some awesome sunsets.







Bugs: I have never seen so many huge scary bugs in my entire life. There was a cockroach inside the apartment one night that was so big that it wouldn't even fit into the vacuum tube! Sarah & I had no idea what to do when we saw the bugs but luckily Sarah's roommate Jai came to our resuce with a shoe! One night sitting out on the balcony I was attacked by this critter:

Frightening, I know!



Food: I think I ate my body weight in Buffalo wings, they are way better than the ones we have here! I am still having cravings for some WOW(world of wings)! Of course I ate at Raising Canes and went to the fair that was across the street, just for the food! Corn dog, chicken on a stick, lemonade, caramel apple, funnel cake, no wonder my stomach hurt so much that night! We also cooked a lot and baked some delicious desserts at Sarah's apartment!


Cowboys: One Saturday night I went out with Sarah's roommate Measie to a place called Cowboys, and that's what the place was full of! I have never seen so many pickup trucks in a parking lot or cowboy hats & boots in one bar! I had so much fun listening to Jamie Bergeron play some Cajun music. I even tried to learn how they dance too, I'm sure it wasn't pretty but I had fun anyway!


School: Since Sarah's had summer school the last week I was there I spent a lot of time shopping and sleeping while she was at her classes in the morning. But on the last day I was in Louisiana I went with her and Hilary to check out the campus before heading to the airport. Sarah had told me there were alligators at her school but I still couldn't get over it when I saw them there!




Mousey: It was good to spend time with Sarah since she couldn't come home for the summer because of summer school. I am sure she was glad to have me there but also glad when I left. So she could have her bed to herself again & not have me borrowing her clothes everyday!



This is the only picture Sarah & I took together the whole time I was there, on the way to the airport.

The time flew by really fast but I had fun doing and seeing things that I would have never done here in California.

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

First of all, switch your comment settings so it makes a new window. Ugh. Pretty please.

Lightning storms: the best.

Humidity: satan. Today the heat index is 106. Just be glad you're not walking to the store today!

Bugs: disgusting. Good thing we have Jai to kill them. Glad you didn't post the video of me trying to kill it...

Food: hmmm cake. Yvonne special requested it last week. I told her I'll make it after the 4th of July.

Cowboys: sounds far TOO country for me!

School: love. Well, minus class.

Mousey: thanks for coming! Wish I could have been home and we could have roadtripped... we'll do that next summer! Having my bed back to myself again is so good though. When I move home, I am buying myself a new bed... at least a double. With the money I don't have... LOL.

Natalie said...

Sounds like you two had so much fun! You and Sarah are my FAVORITES!

All those lightning storms, bugs and humidity sounds pretty rough but that food does sound yummy!

Can't wait until all of us cousins are together again!

Pick up any good cowboys? Raarrrr! ;-)